We have recently published a review paper about plasmonic antennas and zero mode waveguides (nanoapertures) to enhance the detection and analysis of fluorescent molecules. Single molecule spectroscopy techniques, FRET and FCS can greatly benefit from zero mode waveguides and plasmonic antennas to enter a new dimension of molecular concentration reaching physiological conditions. You can find the review on WIREs Nanomedicine and Nanobiotechnology, or alternatively, we posted an unedited version on arXiv.
Petru, Juan and Jerome will attend the NanoLight 2014 conference in Benasque during the first week of March. They will give one talk and three poster contributions:
- Plasmonic enhanced fluorescence energy transfer
- Enhanced fluorescence emission from resonant DNA assembled plasmonic nanoantennas loaded with single dye molecules
- Homogenization of metamaterials through the singular analysis of scattering spectra
- Optical ﬁber probe for remote single molecule fluorescence sensing
Got the guts? Get the glory: only a few days are left before the application deadline for the PhD grants offered by the Erasmus Mundus Europhotonics doctorate program. There are several PhD positions at the Fresnel Institute in Marseille France. Get this opportunity now, next year will likely see no call.
The Institut Fresnel at Marseille is seeking to recruit talented, enthusiastic young scientists who are highly motivated to boost their research career in the areas of nanophotonics and biophotonics and join the prestigious European Erasmus Mundus Doctorate program Europhotonics.
Check out the five open PhD positions in nanophotonics and biophotonics and enjoy the living in the South of France:
- Photonic antennas for super-resolution imaging and dynamic sensing on cell membranes, Jérome Wenger (FRESNEL - équipe MOSAIC) et Maria Garcia-Parajo (ICFO, Barcelona)
- Silicon photonics : engineering the optical properties of Si-based photonic devices, Nicolas Bonod (FRESNEL - équipe CLARTE) et Massimo Gurioli (LENS, Florence)
- The role of coherence in energy efficiency uncovered by fs single molecule detection, Hervé Rigneault (FRESNEL - équipe MOSAIC) et Niek van Hulst (ICFO, Barcelona)
- Super-resolution imaging using unknown illuminations, Hugues Giovannini, Anne Sentenac (FRESNEL - équipe SEMOX) et Pablo Loza , David Artigas (ICFO, Barcelona)
- Modelling and first observation of plasmon-soliton waves, Gilles Renversez (FRESNEL - équipe CLARTE) et Romain Quidant (ICFO, Barcelona)