The Branly prize is designed in memory of Edouard Branly to highlight a young researcher working on waves and their applications. It is currently managed by the Edouard Branly association, the French Society of Physics SFP, the French Society of Optics SFO, and the French Society of Electricity and Electronics SEE grouped into the consortium of scientific societies F2S. More details on this webpage.
PhD and postdoc positions in both experimental and theoretical nano-optics are still open. Full info on the different projects and application procedure, click here.
Key benefits from Fresnel - Marseille:
* ambitious innovative research, projects were selected by most prestigious national and european grants.
* state-of-the-art equipment resources & know-how
* close mentorship from a senior CNRS researcher (does very little university teaching, so is more available in the lab).
* long-term career visibility, all contracts have several years duration and can be renewed.
* full social advantages (vacations, health, ...) from being employed by French CNRS
* South France quality of life: city, see, mountains & food :o)
The selection procedure will be ambitious: "excellence is the sole criterion".